Locum Service Development and Improvement Manager
Charles Hunter Associates are currently seeking a Locum Service Development and Improvement Manager to join Medway Council.
As Service Development and Improvement Manager, you will support the Children's Services Improvement Programme, enabling the organisation to achieve, implement and embed improvements and ultimately deliver better outcomes for children, young people and families.
You will provide strategic support to the Improvement Programme through the development and successful implementation of local and national policies, key initiatives, strategic planning and review and a range of effectiveness programmes within the Children's Services Division.
- To provide strategic support to the Improvement Programme through the development and successful implementation of local and national policies, key initiatives, strategic planning and review and a range of effectiveness programmes within the Children's Services Division.
- To lead the implementation of the Children's Services Improvement Plan along with the other senior managers in the service. The scale of the current transformation involves all aspects of the service including workforce, staffing and management, assessment and intervention processes.
- To develop strong and effective relationships with senior managers, partners and other stakeholders in order to communicate negotiate and successfully implement operational changes/improvements.
- To continuously drive improvement and ensure social work practice and values deliver positive outcomes for children, young people and their families. This includes leading on inspection readiness and the maintenance of an accurate self assessment tool.
- To contribute to the operational management and strategic development of the wider service as a member of the Children's Services Senior Management Team.
- To work in strategic partnership with other agencies and stakeholders, including children, young people and their families to ensure their views inform and shape service delivery and improve outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- To work with the Director for Children and Adults, the Deputy Director for Children and Adults and the Lead Member for Children's Services to co-ordinate effective strategies to ensure that all children and young people are physically, mentally and emotionally healthy and safe from all forms of maltreatment and neglect, and provide appropriate support for those at risk or with identified needs.
- To understand, explore and interpret good practice and support the Deputy Director for Children and Adults in developing, planning and implementing change in Children's Services in order to achieve a culture of continuing improvement that delivers joined-up, high quality services for children and young people, in particular services for vulnerable children across Medway.
- To work with strategic commissioning colleagues to inform commissioning plans, monitor implementation and deliver specified outcomes that offer value for money. To seek to maximise income from appropriate sources, including traded services
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
- Your own dedicated consultant with specialist market and sector knowledge
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
- Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
- Competitive day rate negotiable dependent on experience level
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
You must have:
- HCPC registration
- Clear, Enhanced DBS
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Helen Rudd on or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website.