Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Audit Senior Manager in Ipswich.
Our client is a leading, fast-growing national firm with large Ipswich based team and a varied portfolio of sector leading clients. This opportunity will work closely with the Partners to maintain and develop a portfolio with clear opportunities for progression.
The role involves responsibility for:
- Managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Supervising a number of audit teams and ensures planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Plans and co-ordinating all aspects of audit planning, including staffing requirements
- Ensuring key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed
- Highlights all key issues which may affect the audit opinion to audit partner
- Assisting the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
- Reviewing the work of in-charge accountants and also of office specialists (tax, risk)
- Checks that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner and are properly filed and maintained on the network
The position requires an experienced, ACA/ACCA Qualified Manager with portfolio management experience or an ambitious assistant manager looking for the next step up within a thriving office of a very successful firm.