Senior Internal Auditor AVP Banking
My client, a global bank, are looking to expand their internal audit team in the UK.
They are looking for people who want to be part of change and transformation! This role offers a change in lifestyle from the rat race of London and therefore will suit someone who may have had enough of the city and looking for something challenging but different.
- The audit team currently consists of a team of 9 staff
- They also operate a co source arrangement with a leading UK professional services advisory firm.
- The bank is a fully regulated Bank (PRA and FCA in UK), and in early 2017 started to acquire retail deposits across the UK. It operates across 15 countries in Europe through a combination of dedicated branches and joint ventures. Its largest markets are the UK, Germany and France.
- It is a business with ambitious plans for growth - including both motor/dealer finance and deposit taking - and is committed to meeting the challenges presented by Brexit in terms of structuring its operations in Europe and the UK.
- During the year, they conduct between 15 and 20 business audits across the bank's head office functions and European operations. These involve identifying and quantifying business risk, reviewing the control environment in place, generating recommendations for change that strengthen the design or effectiveness of these controls and add value to the organization.
- The Corrective Action Follow-Up (CAFU) process offers the opportunity to see any recommendations put into practice and to monitor their implementation and the impact they have.
They are looking for:
They are looking for someone with significant experience within a regulated UK financial services business. This will probably include some specific internal or external audit experience but we are also interested in talking to candidates currently working within finance, risk management or compliance teams - i.e. comfortable with the principles of risk management and assurance, as well as the expectations of regulators.
Flexible working - They actively use remote working technology and subject to the candidate's ability to attend important internal or client facing meetings, they are open to discussing flexible working options. Travel - little travel
Training -specific training will be provided on joining the bank. Ongoing personal development and training includes IIA programs, other professional qualifications where relevant, coaching and other planned training and team building events.
Other: really good benefits package