DevOps Support Engineer
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a DevOps Support Engineer to join our team based in Folkestone. You will join our team on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £35,000 per annum.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
More about the DevOps Support Engineer role:
In this role you will reside in the group IT infrastructure team but will be integrated within an agile project team currently developing the insurance platform for Saga Services. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to support, document and manage the supporting systems required to actively maintain and support the development programme (from end user support to application management to instances of server management).
You will be expected to own the support requirements for the programme, working alongside the wider group IT infrastructure and operations teams, and will be seen as the primary support resource for the programme, implementing best practice that can be adopted across the wider Saga group in both production and non-live environments.
Key responsibilities as our DevOps Support Engineer:
You will also be expected to work alongside both development and infrastructure teams alike and ensure that the system remain stable and resilient. You’ll need to be able to support multiple work streams and have an excellent attention to detail and focus on following through to completion. The job will provide the successful candidate with the scope and opportunity to work with all areas of IT and the wider business and will allow them to grow within the role.
Other responsibilities will include;
- You will be responsible for the support and management of the platforms and services associated with the insurance platform project but also be expected to be able to offer technical experience and knowledge across the entire group IT estate in the management of systems, including end user support (Hardware & Software), server management, application support and change management.
- To understand the need for information security and governance controls and possess the ability to balance these needs with those of the development change programmes.
- You will also work with Business and project teams to enhance the systems to keep pace with business needs.
Experience and skills required of our DevOps Support Engineer:
- Demonstrable technical experience. This is to include proven in-depth technical knowledge of designated technical platforms.
- Recognised industry qualification (relevant MCSE/MCP or NVQ qualifications preferred) or currently in education to obtain an industry qualification. Substantial experience may be considered as a substitute for qualification.
- A high level of demonstrable experience in supporting Linux and Windows environments with Wintel/RedHat/Oracle Linux
- Experience working with enterprise application vendors
- Excellent relationship with both internal development and infrastructure teams including information security and operations.
- Appetite for process and system improvement
- Proven communication skills with outstanding customer facing skills and the ability to communicate ideas and all ranges of technical aspects and complex concepts clearly and in plain English to all levels of the business.
- In-depth understanding of the architecture of a large corporation and the its IT systems, applications and business functionality, with first class knowledge and use of Windows and Microsoft systems and applications.
- Excellent analytical and technical ability in the context of tracing and overcoming complex IT system problems.
- Able to coordinate the activities of internal and external support teams to achieve effective and efficient solutions to users’ problems.
- Thrives when given challenges and consistently meets targets, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent technical support experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in a Desktop Support Engineer role.
So if you would like to join our team as our new DevOps Support Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Apply for DevOps Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly