ISS Global provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding customer's needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS Global continues to develop sophisticated data visualisation, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
ISS actively look at producing new and exciting cutting edge technologies to ensure our product suite is a step ahead of the competition. We are looking to add to a small team of developers in our regional office.
As this is a new team there will be a lot of opportunity for the right person. There will be a chance to take ownership of Greenfield projects, with exciting new technology, the chance to travel globally and the opportunity for training and advancement for career progression.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an individual with a broad range of experience in developing enterprise level software - both web applications as well as APIs and services.
As we are still maintaining a suite of Microsoft based products we would ideally be looking at someone with experience in C# and SQL Server, but we are also looking towards moving towards using other technologies in other languages and environments (Java/ Search Platforms/ Wearable Tech) therefore the ideal candidate would be someone that has experience with a wide range of technologies.
Candidates that show proficiency in some of the technologies mentioned and are also able to pick up skills quickly will be considered.
A willingness to learn and be flexible is vital in either case.
- Developing and maintaining the existing software suite
- Working with testing/helpdesk staff to resolve issues
- Custom project design and architecture
- Estimation and Planning
- Requirements Gathering
- Mentoring Junior Developers
- 5 years+ experience in programming
- Mentoring / supervision of junior staff
- Customer facing and ability to travel
- Object Orientated design skills/patterns
- Database experience (sql server/oracle/postgres/mongo/cassandra)
- Search platforms - Lucene/Solr/Elastic search
- ESB experience - Mule, Fuse
- Mobile development experience - Android/iOS/Phonegap/Xamarin
- Experience working in an AGILE / SCRUM environment.
- Unit testing/TDD/BDD
- Product ownership/leadership
- BI / SQL SSRS knowledge advantageous
The candidate would be required to either re locate or commute to our offices in Dover, UK.
Please submit your CV for more information.