Senior Site Specialist - Chemical Management Program
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Perform advanced functional tasks /operations within the Chemical Management database including chemical registration, delivery of chemical packages to laboratories, and Safety Data Sheet information upload into the Chemical Management database
- Provide advanced chemical assessments as required in support of laboratory operations
- Provide basic and advanced client reports as required, including operational Metrics
- Conducting/coordinating/supporting a physical inventory (Lab Audit) program for the site
- Provide Lead support for onsite chemical storage, review, evaluation, and purge activities
- Provide Lead support for chemical storage code assignment
- Provide chemical management system training to clients and team
- Sustain and maintain the chemical stockroom inventory (if applicable)
- Review, create, and maintain company data log sheets
- Perform Area Audits of cross functional areas within ULS
- Provide customer support as needed to clients (EHS and OPS)
- Promote a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
- Participate in individual or group projects that can include, cost savings analysis, learning groups, writing job training methods, and leading team meetings
- May engage in training activities with new-hires when working in conjunction with a Site Supervisor
- May include cross training in additional functional areas such as Glassware, Cell Culture Support, and inventory management services
- Perform Equipment Management responsibilities related to system ownership as per the governing customer controlled document, including but not limited to:
- Execution of project based equipment requests including Maintenance Safety Assessment project updates, Calibration Extension Program updates, submission of PD client AAEs related to owned or to be owned systems, coordination with ULS Procurement for PD vendor POs related to Pass Through equipment, and approval of equipment work orders.
- Perform physical walk downs of equipment
- Coordinate with equipment users for upcoming Work Order execution
- Represent ULS and Process Development in Facilities and Engineering processes
- Associates degree at a minimum, Bachelors preferred,
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Previous work experience with electronic inventory tracking database systems
- 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience required working with chemicals or in a laboratory setting
- Experience in a GXP work setting preferred
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.