Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatres department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Daytime, evenings and weekend working.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.