Video Reporter - Kentlive.news
£competitive salary + company benefits
An exciting opportunity is available for a creative video journalist to join our South East video team working on Kentlive.news.
Based in our Tunbridge Wells and Folkestone newsrooms, but you'll be expected to share your expertise across the two newsrooms. You'll create compelling, original, shareable video-led stories for publication on our web, mobile, app and social platforms.
You'll use your journalistic skills to identify great stories, your storytelling nous to find the right way to communicate them to our growing audience, and your video skills to achieve a highly professional end product with an array of multimedia elements.
You'll use your social media knowledge to source and share video that gets our audiences talking, and will work with pace and creativity to support breaking news stories with engaging, high-quality video.
Confident and capable in front of and behind the camera, you'll tell stories through video, writing and headlining engagingly to get your content watched.
You'll be responsible for achieving video audience targets as part of a team. This role offers a real opportunity to develop your career at the forefront of digital publishing. If it sounds like the role for you, read on...
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
Trusted, relevant, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- You'll be a qualified journalist with up-to-date media law, and will need proven experience of telling stories through high-quality video.
- You will have good video editing skills, with experience of using Adobe editing software or equivalent.
- You will be focused and creative, with experience using content management systems and a keen awareness of SEO techniques and digital publishing best practice.
- You'll have confident video editing and production skills across web, mobile and social, and you'll be a social media native, effective at using social platforms to source, seed and share.
- Flexible and adaptable, you'll be comfortable with weekend working as your role will involve responding to the news agenda in pursuit of great video.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to think on your feet under deadline pressure are also essential.
What you need to know:
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview)
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
Apply for Video Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly