Automotive Software Integration Engineer
Position: Automotive Software Integration Engineer
Location: Basildon Essex
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 / £30 to £32 Per Hour
Our client has a team of engineers working in automotive assembly plants and engineering centres throughout Europe.
They are looking for bright and enthusiastic candidates with experience from the automotive industry to fill a Software Application and Functional Integration Engineer position, based in Basildon, Essex
The Automotive Software Integration Engineer Role:
You will have responsibility for integrating the large number of electronic modules on the vehicles communication buses. In the early program phases, the compatibility of the modules, and the vehicle functions controlled by them, needs to be ensured via specification reviews. The job will then evolve to managing vehicle level functional testing, issue diagnosis, deliveries of corrective software, vehicle sign-off and launch in the manufacturing plants around the globe.
- Define required software functional growth plans and review and agree these with the various Ford module engineers and suppliers
- Track functional specification development and approval / release with functional/module engineers and suppliers
- Review of logical schematics and conduct System and Functional Compatibility Design reviews
- Perform vehicle system level verification and validation and provide system level sign off on prototype electrical test boards and vehicles
- Cascade of component, subsystem, and functional issues identified during system verification/validation. Drive issues to closure to meet all program deadlines. Provide Electrical System Engineering support to vehicle launch teams in the global Transit manufacturing plants to address any plant related issues, e.g. End-of-Line test failures
Skills & Experience Required:
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Software development, control and tracking processes
- Experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++
- Experience of software flash/updating processes
- Experience of Electrical Network Systems
- Experience of Vehicle Electrical Network Systems
- Experience of Product Development processes
- Experience of engineering processes and tools e.g. eFDVS, FTEP, FMEA, 8D, FMEA, FIP
- Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering
If you are interested in this Automotive Software Application and Functional Integration Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Keywords: Automotive, Application, Software, Integration, Engineer, Ford, Vehicle, Component, Electrical, Electronic, CANalyser, CANoe, CANDB++, Basildon, Essex, London
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Apply for Automotive Software Integration Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly