Customer Service Coordinator / Customer Service Executive
Job Title: Customer Services Coordinator
Location: Levington, Ipswich
Salary: £20,000 to £22,000 dependant on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Are you looking for a career, not just another job? A career that will involve working within a leading logistics company, who provides services across the world. If you are then our clients' Customer Services Coordinator may be the ideal role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join this busy team in the customer services team where you will be responsible for the full coordination of incoming cargoes to a long established VIP client that we are in partnership with. This role will be challenging and demands good personal initiative, adherence to deadlines, conscientiousness and communication skills to effectively work with the various parties involved in the supply chain.
In this role you will:
- To ensure that all customers and providers are dealt with courteously and effectively in accordance with the written guidelines
- Arranging import customs clearances (CFSP) in advance of vessel arrival into the UK
- Coordinating import haulage deliveries / warehousing & storage operations through 3rd party providers
- Ensuring all customers are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including ensuring any service changes or updates are included in the SOP
- Ensuring that rates are updated for both the customer and suppliers of the customer
- To identify areas of service improvement and communicate these to the Deputy Customer Service Manager
- To attend customer meetings (irregularly; where time allows and where appropriate)
- Ensure all customers are invoiced on time, statements are reviewed weekly and payment chased (as required)
- Training on cross-functional colleague roles for holiday / sickness cover and greater learning / exposure to the business.
Essential skills required are:
- Previous office experience, preferably in a customer service related role that involved talking to customers or members of the public
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills, able to talk confidently with customers
- At least A Levels C grade plus (or equivalent), GCSE in English and Math's C grade plus (or equivalent)
- Microsoft software
- Ability to complete CFSP customs entries in both CNS and Destin8
- No experience is necessary but experience of working with import freight forwarding functions i.e. clearances, arranging releases of cargo / arranging transport / dealing with customers would be an advantage
- Degree in Supply Chain Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent
The role will be based at Levington, just outside Ipswich. Our client is one of the world's largest integrated international container transportation, logistics and terminal companies. It provides customers with fully-integrated logistics and containerized transportation services, with a network that encompasses Asia, Europe, North America and Australasia. They are well respected in the industry with a reputation for providing customer-focused solutions, a quality-through-excellence approach and continual innovation. It is also an industry leader in the use of information technology and e-commerce to manage the entire cargo process.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application therefore if you have not received a response by 30th September, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful this time.
To Apply please click on the APPLY now link attaching your full CV and Covering Letter. Candidates with experience of; National Customer Accounts, National Customer Services Executive, National Accounts, Accounts, Customer Services Executive, Customer Service Representative, Appointment Booker, Customer Support, Client Service, Customer Service Executive, Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Customer Aid, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Customer Support, Business Support, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, Customer Services Officer, Administrator, Admin will be considered for this role.