Production Planning Manager
- Full Time
Production Planning Manager, Ipswich, Suffolk
A Production Planning Manager role has arisen for a manufacturing wrought copper alloys company based in Ipswich.
Purpose of Role:
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Production Planning Manager will ensure relevant KPI are achieved & that all Production Plans are Managed & maintained.
- To liaise with all Production Departments & Sales on planning & any urgent Customer demands.
- Provide clarity to Production & Sales of any issues that could affect Customer orders.
- Manage & communicate with all sub-contractors.
- Produce monthly plans, for all Departments, in a timely & clear fashion & take into account consolidation of Customer orders & demonstrated manufacturing outputs.
- Plans to be agreed with Sales with respect to invoicing & shipping.
- Match planned resource/labour requirements (using historical hrs/tonne) & ensure Production are aware of hrs required on a weekly basis to enable achievement of plan.
- Coordinate flow of products between Departments in accordance with plans.
- Review, on a daily basis, realised outputs, by Department, against plan & agree, if necessary, any recovery plans with Production.
- Achievement of Daily/Weekly/ Monthly Production plans incl: Tonnages, On Time Delivery, Overdue Sales Orders
- Managing & prioritising orders through the Finishing areas to ensure Customer deadlines are exceeded.
- Promote continuous improvement, within the Department of responsibility, specifically related to planning improvements (but not solely planning as could significantly contribute to Operational improvements)
- Identify & manage/drive to conclusion CI projects
- Sales order routings & generation onto WINMAN system.
- Working capital/ stock control management.
- Evaluate current production processes and recommend improvements
- Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Provide Business reports in a timely clear manner
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good Written and oral communication skills
- Superior problem solving and organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution Management
- Supervisory Experience,
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes.
- Metals Industry, Extrusion, Machine shop experience highly desirable.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Stock Control Planner, Materials Control, Planning Coordinator, Stock Controller, Supply Chain Coordinator, Packaging, Materials Scheduler, MRP, Ipswich, Suffolk