Field Service Engineer (Essex Territory)
- Full Time
My client is a leading company in their field and part of a large well renowned, global group. They manufacture and maintain a range of high emd Fork lift trucks, cranes and cargo handling systems to their clients based at air and sea ports, docks, terminals, and some of the bigger distribution centres throughout the UK. They are working exclusively with me to recruit a Field Service Engineer (Multi-skilled) to support their customers based within a 2 hour radius of the Essex area, however a degree of flexibility is needed as you may on occasion need to travel further afield to provide cover.
As a Field Service Engineer working for the company, your role will be to support clients throughout Essex and the surrounding territory by delivering planned preventive maintenance, Reactive Breakdown Repairs and extensive fault finding to the companies range of heavy plant fork lift trucks, reach equipment and cargo handling systems. Ideally you will be an experienced Multi-skilled Service Engineer or be an Mechanical Maintenance Engineer that has developed some good electrical experience also.
Based from home you will receive a work schedule each week and will travel across your territory, working on full service project life cycles and offer clients the highest level of service. The majority of your work (apx 90%) will allow you to return home each day however their will also be occasions when you may see several clients in one area so could be away overnight no more than once or twice a month.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned preventive maintenance and reactive repairs to a range of heavy plant fork lift trucks, cargo handling systems and reach equipment.
- Work alone or with other team members on installation and commissioning work
- Modification and maintainance of CANBUS systems
- Carry out extensive mechanical and electrical fault find work
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment in your care
- Deliver High standard of service, understanding the customers needs and expectations.
- Complete basic modifications/fault find to Siemens PLCs
- HNC in engineering, apprenticeship trained or other Engineering qualification
- Multi- skilled engineer or mechanical engineer with some electrical experience
- Experience of Heavy Industry Maintenance
- Mechanical fault find (pumps, pipes, pneumatics, hydraulics etc)
- Electrical fault finding (motors, wiring, sensors, motors etc)
- Experience working with Hydraulic Systems
- Some basic PLC knowledge or experience (preferred bur not essential)
In return our client offers and attractive package of £28,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience, plus overtime. A company van (that you can also use personally), uniform, internet mobile, laptop, company pension and real opportunities to progress your career to a senior role should you wish. This is a days based role, and the company operates an on call rota of 1 in 4 weekends with call out bonus payments. The company has an excellent training and support matrix for new engineers joining the business