Part time Course Leader, UAL Level 3 Fashion and Textiles - Colchester
Job Title: 0.4 Course Leader, UAL Level 3 Fashion and Textiles
Hours: 22.2 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Regulated Activity: Yes
Responsible to: Head of Braintree Arts
Line Management of Other Staff: No
Salary: Band 2 - points 30-37
To provide clear and dynamic leadership and direction to the UAL Level 3 Fashion and Textiles Extended Diploma programme. To ensure the smooth running, organisation and operation of all elements of the learner's programme of study and to work in close collaboration with other staff to ensure the highest possible level of student achievement.
- To plan and deliver structured and effective teaching on the Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma programme.
- To organise and ensure the effective delivery of all aspects of the learners programme of study.
- To ensure that all learners are set aspirational targets for all elements of their programme of study (including English and Maths); to ensure that learner progress is effectively monitored through regular tutorial support and feedback.
- To encourage the best possible Art and Design teaching and learning, sharing of best practice; leading by example where appropriate.
- To convene regular meetings with the teaching team in order to review and plan improvements to teaching and learning
- To give timely and effective assessment feedback and organise robust internal verification of assessment processes on the Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma programme.
- To ensure students are prepared for progression though appropriate advice and portfolio preparation.
- To assist with recruitment of FE Art and Design students, interviewing applicants and participating in taster events and taking responsibility for student induction programmes.
- To formally monitor and review student progress and student feedback.
- To facilitate and organise educational visits and enrichment activities.
- To maintain best practice with Health and Safety, and odes of Practice relating to the use of equipment; to advise the Area Head of Health and Safety issues.
- Work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding, Child Protection and PREVENT policy and practices.
- To attend Faculty meetings, and other meetings as required by the Area Head and/or Faculty Director to ensure that the course has full representation.
- To liaise and work with other academic and support staff within the centre, and cross college departments.
- Any other duties as specified by Faculty Director commensurate with this role.