Social Worker - Hospital Assessment Team, Colchester
Social Worker - Discharge to Assess / Hospital Assessment Team - Colchester, Clacton and Harwich Hospital
Salary from GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum on appointment with performance related progression up to GBP40,750
Permanent, Full Time Contract
We are a team of Social Workers and Occupational Therapists, working in partnership with colleagues from health. We work to the Model of Discharge to Assess. We work alongside the Multi-disciplinary team at Colchester Hospital within an acute setting, Clacton community hospital and Trinity ward Harwich community hospital.Where people who are clinically optimised (medically fit for discharge) and do not require an acute hospital bed, but may still require care services are provided with short term, funded support to be discharged to their own home (where appropriate) or another community setting. Assessment for longer-term care and support needs is then undertaken in the most appropriate setting and at the right time for the person:-
- Supporting individuals who have been discharged from hospital with either:
- Interim care package
- Residential Reablement
- Temporary interim residential or nursing placements.
- Working to the Good Lives, three conversation approach, to support the individual to identify their outcomes and needs and connect them with the community resources they require. We work in partnership with our colleagues in the community team and link in with community services within the north locality in Essex
We require enthusiastic social workers and Occupational Therapists, committed to undertaking person centred work with individuals focussing on their strengths, interests and assets in accordance with the Care Act 2014. You will be passionate about developing a clear and comprehensive understanding of what is most important to each person to ensure they lead a valued and good life. You will be required to support individuals who lack capacity adhering to the principles of the MCA 2005.
You will be provided with in-depth supervision, training and be encouraged to take advantage of creative peer support opportunities. You will be encouraged and supported to work independently and therefore use your initiative and form grounded opinions and judgements within an experienced and dynamic team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Social Work
- HCPC registered
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time
- Ability to engage and influence with multiple agencies
- Passionate and driven to support your own continuing personal development (CPD)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.