6 days left
- Flexible Hours
Weekend Carers - guaranteed 16 hours over two days or 8 hours over one day
Other hours available- Weekend availability is essential.
Care Connected provides a tailored and high quality service for people living at home.
You will find good working conditions and unhurried visits enabling you to provide outstanding care for our clients! Clients and family praise our staff for their professional and caring attitude and willingness to go the extra mile. Our staff are kind and reassuring and really enjoy their work.
If you work for Care Connected you will be providing a much needed and worthwhile service to elderly and vulnerable adults with a great job satisfaction.
Do you have your own vehicle and driving licence?
Do you really care and want to make a difference?
Are you hard working and reliable?
Are you flexible and open to learning and developing?
You will be joining a friendly team that is well supported with ample opportunities for individual supervision, training and mentoring. As a small but growing company there are excellent career opportunities for quality people who are hardworking and willing.
Principal responsibilities include:
- To undertake various care duties in your client's homes including but not limited to: assistance with personal hygiene, prompting, assisting and administering medication, assistance with washing, dressing and grooming, housework, laundry, shopping, accompanying and taking people out to various places in the community, helping with correspondence, befriending and companionship.
- Support the client to develop and maintain independence, encourage and promote physical and mental activity and work in a very person centred approach.
- Record brief but accurate notes in the client's care plan at the end of each visit and ensure all relevant documents are returned to the office as per company policy.
- Ensure client folders are organised and well stocked, report to the office if supplies are needed.
- Be aware of tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken.
- Communicate to the office important changes to client's health and well-being
- Record and report any accidents or incidents as per company policy.
- Liaise with client, client's family and/or advocate regarding client's care and support and report any changes to the registered manager.
- Be willing to undertake training for career development and to meet statutory and legal requirements
- Be familiar with Care Connected Health and Safety Policy and promote safe working and compliance with infection control.
- Attend regular supervisions with line manager.
- Work as part of a team communicating with other care assistants who may be working with the same client
- Liaise and follow information given by other health and social care professionals e.g. GP, district nurse, other care managers, etc.
- Be willing to undertake a DBS search
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. Applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, age or religion or belief will considered individually and solely on merit.