Design Engineer /PCB Design Engineer /Hardware Design Engineer
Job Title: Hardware Engineer / PCB Design
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent
The Company is the next-generation multiplexing technology for complex vehicles, marine and industrial equipment.
The position available is to support the ongoing hardware development needs of the company. Products are continually being revised and improved, with changes to our hardware needed to maintain business innovation, strength and growth. This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to excel from an already proven background into the fields detailed.
- Circuit design in a schematic design package
- Design of small, double sided printed circuit boards
- Control of bills of material, and other technical documentation
- Testing and development in conjunction with other team members to deliver a working product.
Essential skills and experience:
- Candidate must be fluent at designing high quality PCB designs.
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- Schematic capture using NI Multisim or similar package
- PCB layout using NI Ultiboard or similar package
- Component level test and debugging
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Familiar with embedded firmware development.
- Embedded C for PIC and AVR microcontrollers.
- Working with bug trackers and revision control systems.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Professional and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Pro-active and self-motivating.
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
Education and Qualifications:
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in Electronics Engineering. The ideal candidate would also have at least 2 years' experience in a relevant business environment with a desire to expand their responsibilities and career. They also need to show they are thorough in their approach to projects and be able to meet deadlines on time.
- 28 days annual leave, rising with service
- Good pension scheme
- Opportunity for career development within a small, dynamic business
Due to the nature of the role, the company will not be offering a sponsorship to any candidates living outside of the UK.
Please be aware; due to the nature of the role, the company will not be providing sponsorship for candidates ineligible to live and work in the UK. With this in consideration, only candidates eligible to both live and work in the UK will be considered for this role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Graduate Design Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Programming Electronics Engineer, Graduate Engineer, PCB Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Programming, Firmware Development, Hardware Developer, Engineering Designer, Product Development Engineer, PCB Technician, PCB Development Technician, Design Engineer, Engineer, Design and Application Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Application Engineer, Solidworks, Smartteam, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Design Engineer, CAD Designer, Mechanical Design Improvement Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer, Design Technician, Mechanical Technician, CAD Engineer, SolidWorks Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer will also be considered for this role.