Technician in Trowel Occupations
Technician in Trowel Occupations
Expiry date: 23:59, 13 August 2017
Salary: £18,255 Pro Rata
18.5 hours per week 0.5 FTE - Actual Salary £9,127
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Facilities for learners and staff are amongst the best available anywhere in the country and our Construction Department is based within our purpose built Skills and Technology Centre.
We are seeking to recruit a technician to assist in the smooth running of the trowel trades department, based on the College’s main site in Newcastle-under-Lyme. The main responsibilities of the role will be to assist the teaching staff in the preparation and delivery of practical activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all Trowel Trades equipment is maintained in a safe working condition carrying out general, routine and breakdown maintenance where he/she is qualified to do so.
- To be responsible as required for the safety, tidiness and general appearance of the Centre's stores and workshops.
- To be trained to current legislation in the use of appropriate machinery and be confident in their use.
- To be responsible for COSHH within the Trowel Trades area.
- To assist the Curriculum Manager and Curriculum Leaders with maintenance and implementation of Trowel Trades area risk assessments
- To act as a designated first aider
- To assist staff in Trowel Trades to ensure practical equipment is prepared and ready for practical sessions
- To assist teaching staff in Trowel Trades with practical sessions by working with groups of students to enable them to achieve the given task.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has appropriate qualifications and/or experience in the provision of technical support within either education or industry.
- Has knowledge of undertaking risk assessments (Desirable).
- Has good communication skills and the ability to relate to all staff and students in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and the ability to manage and prioritise his/her own workload to a significant degree.
- Understands the requirements of students in an FE setting and is able to establish good working relations with them.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
Hours / Salary breakdown:
- 18.5 hours per week
- 0.5 FTE
- Actual Salary £9,127
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Wood Occupations, please click apply to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 13 th August 2017.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.