Senior IT Auditor
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
Internal Audit is an independent Group function that reports directly to a Senior Advisor who holds a non-executive role and to the Group Audit and Risk Committee. Our mandate is to examine and critically evaluate the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls and governance systems, as well as the adequacy of, and compliance with, regulatory obligations, internal strategies, policies, processes and reporting procedures. In addition, we help management and the Board to fulfil their oversight responsibilities through effective challenge to help them identify, assess and commercially manage the Company's risk.
Using a risk based methodology; our annual audit plan is developed in consultation with FIL management to include audits of specific business areas as well as thematic and emerging risks through participation in new initiatives and systems developments.
Internal Audit staff have extensive experience in assurance functions and/or various FIL business units and relevant professional qualifications.
The Internal Audit team is based in the UK, Luxembourg, Germany, India, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Purpose of your role
The role will report to the Audit Director responsible for Technology. There are currently four IT audit roles in the team, the equivalent of one each in Hong Kong and Luxembourg and two in the UK. This is a great opportunity to build your career in FIL as the work carried out in Internal Audit provides experience of all areas of the organisation and exposure to senior management whilst allowing you to be seen to help improve controls over key risks in the business. The audit team is small and hence you may work alone or in small groups auditing a specific area of the business delivering the audit from scope to final report.
- Scheduling the audit, scoping and planning.
- Executing and documenting audit testing.
- Drawing conclusions based on the outcome of audit testing.
- Identifying areas in need of improvement and assisting in the development of an action plan.
- Drafting the audit report and presenting to Internal Audit management.
- Keeping departmental management fully informed on the progress of all assignments and following-up issues to ensure that all agreed improvements have been actioned.
- Working alongside business auditors to deliver 'integrated' audits including examining application control functionality
- Working within cross functional teams on longer term projects, such as new initiatives, systems developments and product launches.
- Ad hoc investigations.
- Contributing to the development of processes and procedures within Internal Audit.
- Assisting with Internal Audit data analytics.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- IT professional or IT auditing experience, including application auditing.
- Experience of systems development projects.
- Experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Information Security, testing within the technical community and a broad experience with information systems development methodologies, risk assessment or risk management.
- An IT Audit, Internal Audit, Accountancy or IT qualification/accreditation
- Internet/Web, E-Commerce and Cyber-crime knowledge
- Experience of auditing/security for Windows, SQL, Unix/Linux, iSeries.
- Programming language(s) e.g. Visual Basic and strong Excel, SQL and/or Access skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and form good working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel between other FIL offices in UK and overseas as required.